SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated Electrical Engineer who will effectively support a fast-paced work environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of electrical designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include the design, documentation and testing of a wide array of electrical and electronic systems in the areas of undersea defensive systems, torpedo test equipment, Automated Test Equipment (ATE), sonar electronics, analog, digital, and system design and other evolving tasking.
- You will design and test electronic systems for embedded underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for land-based testing of naval systems.
- You will develop and execute test plans for new designs and document your results.
- You will design and document systems and circuits in OrCAD, Eagle, or Visio
- You will have powerful computer, software, and test equipment resources at your disposal to allow you to be effective and efficient in your job.
- Candidates must demonstrate a history of excelling at multiple concurrent challenges and an eagerness and aptitude for learning new things.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience; Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years of engineering design, analysis, and testing.
- Electronic design in the area of power electronics, audio-band amplifiers and filtering, signal conditioning, and/or high-speed digital. Schematic entry using OrCAD Capture or Eagle.
- Experience creating technical data package quality drawings for electronic systems.
- Ability to interact directly with customers to extract requirements, generate a plan and report status.
- PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- FPGA experience using Vivado for Xilinx hardware (FPGAs, SOCs, MPSOCs etc.) or Quartus for Intel products.
- FPGA programming in languages such in VHDL and/or Verilog for functional design and simulation.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.
- Experience with soldering.
- Hands on lab experience using oscilloscopes, function generators, network analyzers etc.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts.
- Experience with ROVs, UUVs, AUVs, sonar, arrays, and transducers.
- Familiarity with National Instruments products including PXI, LabView, or CVI.Generate test plans, lead and execute the testing of analog & digital electronic systems including debugging of software.