Combat Systems Engineering Technician
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated Software QA/Testing candidates in the Middletown RI area (position will be mostly remote).
This position requires a software quality assurance (QA)/test engineer with 3 or more years of experience to support new or existing development projects. Tasks include but are not limited to Test data development, API endpoint testing, User Interface (UI) testing, load, scale and performance testing, compatibility testing, database migration testing, dependency analysis, static and dynamic code analysis, land-based/shipboard testing at functional and system level and documentation of testing procedures. Work consists of testing modern open-source cloud application software to meet customer and project requirements while using open source tools as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test Data development/enhancement.
- API endpoint testing
- Basic endpoint functions
- User Data Access controls
- Test coverage evaluation
- Document current API test plan
- Suggest/execute enhancements to current testing approach
- UI testing
- Create and execute comprehensive UI test plan
- Load, Scale, and Performance testing
- Develop test/staging scenarios relevant to Production scenarios
- Establish performance criteria that represent Production scenarios
- Compatibility testing
- Verify support for Mysql 8.21, 8.2x, etc.
- NodeJS 14, 16, etc.
- Validate/expand supported OIDC providers (Keycloak, Okta, Azure, etc.)
- Database migration testing
- Establish expected impact of changes to database in production scenarios
- Dependency Analysis
- Identify potential risks/issues with dependencies
- Verify proper behavior when dependencies are updated
- Static and Dynamic code analysis.
- Integrated Github code scanning tools
- Suggest new possible metrics to include in application to help inform testing scenarios.
- Documentation of testing procedures.
- Maintain online user documentation
- Host the weekly office hours with updates and features.
- Position is full time and located in Middletown, RI
Requirements / Skills:
- 3+ years of Software QA/Test experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Solid command of cloud technologies
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Open API, MySQL, NodeJS, Express, ExtJS 3.4, Postman/Newman, Containers, Github Workflows, Vulnerability Scanning Tools (Dependabot), Static/Dynamic Code Analysis tools (SonarCloud), Sphinx RST Document Generation
- Experience in Submarine Combat Control and Launcher Systems, Capabilities, functionality, and Testing Methodologies
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.