CHIEF ENGINEER- TORPEDO GUIDANCE AND CONTROL
SAIC is a prime contractor partnered with the US Navy to provide MK48 Heavyweight Torpedoes to the Fleet. We are looking ahead to future Navy needs and have assembled a world-class team of engineers to design the next generation of undersea weapons.
SAIC seeks a Guidance and Control Chief Engineer to participate in the design of future weapons. This person will report to the Vice President for Undersea Warfare at SAIC, who is headquartered in Middletown, RI. The person can work 100% REMOTE anywhere in the United States, with the ability to occasionally travel to Middletown, RI or Washington, DC for meetings.
Those seeking Full Time or Part Time employment may be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Engineer:
- Participate in all phases of design, design reviews, and proposal development.
- Leverage expertise in military vehicle control systems and algorithms.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers and scientists to advance SAIC design and bid and proposal efforts.
Education and experience:
- Degree in Engineering, or Mathematics, from an accredited university
- Fifteen (15) years in relevant work experience
- Experience with MK48 or MK54 Guidance and Control (G&C) systems
- Must hold US Citizenship
- Must be willing/able to obtain a Secret security clearance