AUTOMATED TEST EQUIPMENT DESIGN ENGINEER
SAIC is seeking an Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Design Engineer?to support the?Middletown, RI engineering team. Our team supports the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport in the design and development of several different ATE systems for U.S. Navy torpedoes. These systems allow the fleet to test critical hardware components and sub-assemblies, as well as full torpedoes, to ensure they are ready for service.
This position is contingent upon award news anticipated to be received this Fall of 2023.
Job Summary: You will work as a part of a team comprised of electrical, computer, mechanical, and systems engineers as well as other test design engineers to design, develop, and verify Navy ATE systems:
- Work with systems engineers to analyze hardware and software requirements provided by the Navy.
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineers to research and design ATE hardware components and wiring.
- Work with other test engineers to develop test software applications in NI LabVIEW and NI TestStand.
- Support bench and design verification testing of ATE hardware and software against requirements.
- Work with technical writers to accurately document design elements and develop end-user manuals.
- Work with project managers to identify technical issues and present solutions to the Navy
- Work with junior engineers to provide mentorship and guidance.
Location/Schedule: Work is performed at SAIC but also allows for remote/work at home. Candidates are expected to be able to be on-site approximately half-time in order to work with ATE hardware in-person. The on-site work is at: SAIC, 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI. Flexible work schedule options are also available. Engineers may partake in SAIC’s 9/80 schedule to have every other Friday off or a 4/10 schedule as desired.
Growth: Our management team is focused on enabling our engineers to succeed and achieve long term career goals and promoting leaders from within our programs. We have multiple long-term programs within the local area and are continuously pursuing similar expansions in the future.
Here is a link to the program page where you can see a list of all of our open roles and apply directly: https://jobs.saic.com/pages/navy-undersea-warfare
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing software to automate testing of electronic devices and equipment.
- Experience developing software to interface test sequences with calibrated test equipment and switch matrixes.?
- Experience using NI LabVIEW and NI TestStand.?
- Experience developing documentation to capture software design details as well as test plans and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to start and maintain an Active Secret clearance for the duration of the contract.
- Experience with Navy (or at least DoD related) programs.
- Electrical circuit or system design.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts.
- Experience with MS Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams. ?