ACOUSTIC CALIBRATION TECH
SAIC is seeking an organized and motivated Systems Engineer who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. You will work at 28 Jacome Way, Middletown, RI, and/or the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport. You will be part of a collaborative team of engineers and support technicians working to bring a variety of designs from the early concept stage all the way through fabrication. SAIC systems and digital engineers are currently transforming how systems are planned, designed, fielded, and supported using a model-based approach to create full lifecycle digital threads for our programs and customers.
Note: This role has hybrid remote capability and can be worked at your home office along with required days to work on-site.
You will need broad engineering skillsets, well-developed work habits, and an eagerness and enthusiasm for solving engineering challenges. Your projects will include concept development; requirements development, design, and analysis; baseline management; architecture development; product evaluation, validation and verification; decision analysis; and/or system transition planning.
The System Engineer's activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Providing system-level engineering support and expertise to a cross-functional team.
- Providing preliminary solutions to engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner.
- Identify and apply current and emerging Digital Engineering practices, methods, and tools to address our sponsor and partners' most pressing challenges.
- Apply knowledge and principles of agile acquisition, architecture design, system integration, risk assessment/management, and other systems engineering disciplines to support recommendations to address these challenges.
- Employ rapid prototyping and technical recommendations to inform sponsor and partner capability requirements and decisions.
- Collaborate with platform partners to contribute to greater practice of MBSE and DE across the enterprise.
- Authoring and maintenance of technical documentation, such as Requirements Specifications, Concepts of Operation, Product and Performance Specifications, Interface Control Documents, Compliance Matrices, Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
- Development and documentation of engineering processes and standards in support of customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of related experience; Master's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university; Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must either possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must have an understanding of Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Must have experience with DOORS / DNG.
- Python, Microsoft Power BI, SharePoint.
- Data Science techniques and tools.
- Electro-mechanical hardware design and engineering.
- Experience with the marine environment and naval operations and systems.
- Experience with applications and tools such as Cameo Enterprise Architect, Matlab, Simulink Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA), Microsoft office suite.