Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022!
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated candidate to serve as a Mid-Level Systems Analyst for the Surface Maintenance Engineering Planning Program (SURFMEPP). This candidate should have a very strong background with NMP-MOM and modernization processes. SURFMEPP is headquartered at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject Matter Expert for assigned ship class modernization and works in concert with TYCOM, Program Office, Maintenance Teams, In Service Engineering Activities (ISEA), Ships Program Managers (SPM), Participating Acquisition Resource Managers (PARMs), SURFMEPP Detachment Engineers, Port Engineers and Alteration Installation Teams (AIT) to facilitate ship specific modernization planning and execution.
- Create/Validate existing Alteration Work Notifications (WN's) in M&SWP for all classes of ships through engineering and data analysis. Update MR requirements' man-day and material cost estimates from a review and analysis of actual return costs. Assist in the development of CMP tasks for Program and Fleet Modernization requirements with associated configuration data for assigned ship class.
- Ensure every alteration is approved by Type Commander (TYCOM) or Ship's Program Manager (SPM) for installation during CNO Availabilities, Continuous Maintenance Availabilities (CMAV), and Windows of Opportunity (WOO).
- Develop, collate and brief maintenance and modernization documents and strategies to all working levels of the maintenance team, to include SES and Flag-level.
- Conducts availability integration and modernization analysis utilizing (NDE) Navy Data Environment (Navy Modernization / Entitled Process), Validation, Screening, and Brokering (VSB), and Maintenance and Ship Work Planning (M&SWP) systems.
- Manage Mandatory Safety Alterations for assigned ship class by generating 2kilos and tracking them from creation to completion ensuring they are accomplished within the current FRP cycle or rescheduled appropriately for the next if they cannot be accomplished.
- Provide "impact if not accomplished" statements to key stakeholders.
- Ensure completion and proper close out in VSB, M&SWP and NDE_NM.
- Update alteration information in M&SWP to reflect accurate man-day info and material cost for each assigned hull for DON and POM Ship sheet input.
- Coordinate with Program Offices and TYCOM for verification semi-annually WRT accurate cost and man-day inputs for alterations of interest for each ship individually.
Complete modernization integration and duration comprehensive analysis and review for planning programs
- Identify modernization tasks that may put availabilities at risk of exceeding scheduled completion dates.
- Identify repair, corrosion and tank work as well as other maintenance that may affect the completion of modernization tasks or can be superseded by alterations.
- Review the Baseline Availability Work Package (BAWP), Tank Package (TP) and using ships drawings to identify areas of conflict or concern. Make recommendations for Integration strategy based on analysis results as requested or required.
- Participate in Advanced Planning Sheet (APS), Strategic Integration Scheduling Review (SISR), and Integrated Project Team Development (IPTD) events.
- Utilize fleet and program office letters of authorization (LOA) to identify planned not authorized, deferred and fully mature and authorized ship change (SC) alterations, then push JSN's.
- Document processes and work instructions as required. Perform scheduled analyses.
- Assist SURFMEPP Activity and SEA 21 personnel with answering Congressional, OSD, Force Management and Budget (FMB), and other agency questions -for-the-record, data calls, reports, and other similar inquiries.
- Support a robust engineering process within SURFMEPP reviews of proposed changes (additions, deletions, modifications) to Fleet Modernization Program (FMP) requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- A high school degree, or a GED, and five (5) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and able to obtain and retain a security clearance.
- Candidate must have a security clearance
- Be able to apply practical engineering judgment and business acumen to scheduling modernization requirements and availability services for the Navy's non-nuclear surface ships
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with various customers and other Navy Commands and Activities to streamline processes fleet wide and provide analysis and recommendations concerning ship specific planning and integration of modernization work.
- Navy Maintenance, Modernization Availability Planning experience.
- Related experience similar to or as: Combat Systems Maintenance Manager (CSMM), Combat Systems Officer of the Watch (CSOOW), Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW), Systems Test Officer (STO), Electrical Materials Officer (EMO), Main Propulsion Assistant (MPA), Command 3MC
- Familiarity with NMP-MOM and NMP milestones desired
- Experience performing technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk assessment, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Incorporation of maintenance requirements into total availability solution within technical, schedule, and cost restraints
- Performing risk assessments of advanced ship systems and generating risk mitigation plans and strategies.
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak in front of Senior Military and Government Officials and large audiences, and great customer interaction.
- Experience with Navy/Military Maintenance Database Programs (i.e. NDE, OARs, VSB or similar).
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.