Rite-Solutions, Inc., a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021, A growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Technical Support candidates to support operating and maintaining Submarine simulators. This position is located in Naval Base Bangor, Washington.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of an integrated team supporting and maintaining submarine simulators.
- Support trainer usage for Navy's requirements of fleet readiness.
- This position requires shifts outside of normal business hours that may change based on team needs and requirements.
- Information Assurance for Linux and Windows / Systems Administration
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software systems consisting of Linux and Windows.
- Good communication skills to articulate reports to Government Representatives and Navy Command and coordinate with team to support training schedule.
- Experience with Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS), Windows, Virtualization (KVM, VMware)
- Experience with PC/Intel Servers, Networking/Cisco, Cisco UCS, Keyboard Video Mouse Extenders, PCoIP, Video Conversion, Video Matrix Switches, Serial Interfaces, Terminal Emulation.
- Conducting research and engineering solutions for complex hardware configurations including Cisco Switch/Router Configurations, Video Matrix Switches, and COTs Rackmount servers.
- Analyzing specific hardware configurations and propose replacement solutions for end-of-life hardware. The admin who maintains this complex system will propose process improvement to reduce overall maintenance requirements by working with the design team and manufacturers. The ability to understand both hardware and software requirements is essential in order to investigate alternatives for meeting these requirements.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. comfortably to provide support in system maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret networking schematics and diagrams.
- 3 years of experience with BS degree; 5 years of experience with AS degree. 7+ with High School and directly relevant experience
- Linux Administration
- Windows Administration
- Network Administration
- Secret Clearance already in place
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.