Senior Model-Based Systems Engineer (MBSE)
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Senior Model-Based Systems Engineer working out of Rite-Solutions' Middletown, RI office. This is a hybrid position reporting on site 2-3 times per week.
The Senior Model-Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) will support Rite-Solutions' customers at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) in all aspects of MBSE; NUWC is undergoing a transition to MBSE across all departments. The candidate will report to Rite-Solutions' Director of Digital Engineering and will apply their Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) experience and modeling expertise to support key government customers and stakeholders at NUWC.
NUWC is the U.S. Navy's (USN) full spectrum research, development, test and evaluation, engineering and fleet support center for submarines, autonomous underwater systems, and offensive and defensive weapons systems associated with undersea warfare. In 2020, the USN released a Digital Systems Engineering Transformation Strategy that necessitated NUWC's transition to MBSE. NUWC is responsible for systems at all stages of the system and acquisition lifecycle and require SET support for all stages of the lifecycle.
The candidate will lead the development and execution of MBSE roadmaps and SET plans. They will work with government stakeholders in identifying the greatest value-add of MBSE on their programs and perform modeling tasks. Modeling tasks include, but are not limited to, creating hardware and software architecture models, interface models, use case and behavioral models, requirements and tests models, mission models, and executable models. The candidate will also apply their knowledge of various MBSE methodologies to create models based on the stakeholder's needs.
The candidate shall have a detailed understanding of the Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) and have experience building SysML and UAF diagrams in Cameo Systems Modeler (or MagicDraw). Experience modeling and implementing MBSE on new or legacy systems is a must. The candidate shall have experience creating custom report generation templates, macros, and derived properties in Cameo Systems Modeler. The candidate shall also possess, at a minimum, the OMG-Certified Systems Modeling Professional - Model Builder Intermediate (OCSMP-MBI) certification, have exceptional soft-skills, and be able to clearly articulate what the benefits of MBSE are to non-technical decision makers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit MBSE needs from government stakeholders.
- Work effectively with government customers in defining MBSE schedules, roadmaps, and value driven MBSE tasking.
- Train government stakeholders on the benefits of MBSE, how to do MBSE, and how to read various SysML and UAF diagrams.
- Model system missions, use cases, behaviors, and structure.
- Model software services, interfaces, and data structures.
- Build requirements and tests models.
- Create custom report generation templates, validation scripts, macros, and derived properties.
- Create process diagrams and lead seamless transitions to MBSE.
- Execute pilot projects collecting metrics that quantify the benefits of MBSE.
- Present MBSE vision and roadmaps based on customer needs.
- Present MBSE results to various customers, MBSE communities, and Rite-Solutions leadership.
- 10+ years of applicable Systems Engineering experience. 2 years experience may be supplemented with a Masters of Science in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of applicable Model-Based Systems Engineering experience.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Detailed understanding of SysML and UAF.
- Detailed understanding of MBSE Methodologies (e.g., OOSEM, MagicGrid, SYSMOD).
- Experience implementing MBSE on new and legacy systems.
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler or MagicDraw.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of MBSE to various stakeholders (e.g., manager, executive, engineer).
- Ability to articulate the process of creating models for legacy and new systems.
- OCSMP Model Builder Intermediate certification; OCSMP Model Builder Advanced certification is preferable.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Experienced in Agile MBSE and doing MBSE within and Agile software development environment.
- Experience implementing MBSE on Naval or DoD systems.
- Active DoD Security clearance.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.