Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) & Remediation Technician
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021!
We are currently seeking a Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) & Remediation Technician for on-site support at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport (NUWCDIVNPT). The technician will provide support with regards to Information Technology (IT) and Information Assurance (IA)/Cybersecurity requirements and security of information systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) from DISA across the entire NUWC network for Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and 2019, software and peripherals, and internal custom applications
- Scan for STIG compliance levels across the NUWC networks and remediate/mitigate/create exceptions for Open findings
- Daily involvement with scanning and remediating (i.e. Retina/ACAS) methodologies
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following command procedures and policies
- Provide PC computer compliance and technical support for Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and 2019, software and peripherals; and support maintenance of internal custom applications
- Routine hardware set up, troubleshooting and replacement; software installation and evaluation; and use of various spreadsheet, word processing and database application programs
- Perform virus detection and cleaning
- Routine research and implementation of compliance solutions in strict accordance with established guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely logging of support requests and resolutions in the Cherwell Solutions HelpDesk application, which is the primary tracking tool for all forms of technical support at NUWC
- Contribute to technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to learn new as well as existing technologies
- Be a contributing member of a Technical Team
- Capable of demonstrating knowledge of PC hardware, applications software and peripherals
- Ability and skills to provide routine troubleshooting for hardware and software in a networked environment
- Must have experience with automated update utilities and Microsoft Windows 10 and Server 2016/2019 and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Linux distributions helpful
- Candidate must be certified (Security+CE and Microsoft Operating System)
- Excellent communication skills required
- Knowledge of DISA's quarterly release schedule of Security Technical Implantation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with automated desktop management tools
- Prior military or government experience
- High school diploma with 5 years' experience
- Ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
- Military or government experience preferred but not necessary
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.