Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021 and a National "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022. Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Scrum Master in our Middletown, RI office. This is a hybrid work position with scheduled telework/WFH days each week.
The Scrum Master (SM) will support the US Navy AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System's (CCS) Inter-Subsystem Monitoring Tool (ISMT) software development team in leading and facilitating its workflows within an Agile Scrum environment. The SM would lead all Agile ceremonies including daily 15-minute Scrum stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, and Sprint Retrospectives, and work with the Project Manager to improve performance across the team's Agile processes. The SM will ensure that members of the team maintain latest status and work hours logged of Sprint tasks and work with the Project Manager to relieve any blockers that are identified throughout a Sprint. The SM will enforce Process Quality Assurance (PQA) through facilitating CMMI best practices across team processes, authoring work instructions for both Agile and Business As Usual (BAU) activities, and maintaining Agile metrics such as Sprint team performance (ticket closure, velocity, etc.), historical task Story Point estimate analysis, and root cause analysis of positive and negative outcomes of Sprint Retrospectives.
The ideal candidate has experience using Atlassian Jira, Trello, Redmine, or a comparable software engineering task management tool. The ideal candidate is also a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master and has experience working within Agile software development teams on Naval or DoD programs. Experience with supporting stakeholder or customer meetings in a public speaking role is also a plus. If the candidate does not already possess these ideal certifications and level of experience, Rite-Solutions will invest in the training and certification programs required to reach these qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading all Agile ceremonies (Daily Scrums, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Sprint Retrospectives)
- Monitoring and documenting processes and metrics for Sprint team performance (e.g., hours logged, story points estimated vs. completed, etc.)
- Leading team metrics analysis
- Leading team Process Quality Assurance (PQA)
- Working with the team to author and maintain work instructions
- Working with the Tech Lead, developers, and system modelers to decompose new software features into required tasks and sub-tasks
- Performing daily task spreadsheet exports from Jira for external stakeholder reviews
- Support task status meetings concerning Problem Trouble Reports (PTRs) or new feature Use Cases; presenting weekly status to different stakeholders
- Responsible for working with the Project Manager to motivate the team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- A Bachelor's degree in a comparable field or 2-3 years of experience in a related position is required
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Excellent communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance; active clearance is preferable.
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master certification.
- CMMI Associate certification.
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.