Oracle Database Administrator
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Oracle Database Administrator in Middletown, RI in a hybrid capacity to support multiple instances and versions of Oracle.
Oracle Database administration, maintenance, upgrades, and Information Assurance (IA) updates on all Oracle databases. Resolve vulnerabilities identified in security scans specified by Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) throughout the database infrastructure. Perform quarterly security patches during non-business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review performance metrics using standard Oracle Performance and Diagnostic Pack reports.
- Review daily reports to ensure proper backup and identify anomalies or negative trending data.
- Review IAVMs and STIGs and determine overall system risk prior to applying patches or modifying the system configuration.
- Maintain STIG compliance of Oracle software and Oracle database components.
- Support testing of Application Software changes to ensure they meet performance objectives.
- Apply Quarterly CPU and any other critical software patches during non-business hours.
- Work with Oracle Support to resolve any database issues.
- Maintain Oracle PKI Infrastructure using Oracle utilities.
- Maintain Oracle Containers.
- Maintain regular communications with application development teams.
- Interest in growing in your role and career path
- Position is full time and located in Middletown RI with hybrid options, customer support being provided locally
Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- CompTIA Security+ CE and MCSA Certification/Microsoft Server Certification
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting methodologies and techniques and problem resolution
- Experience maintaining Oracle in a Windows environment.
- Experience developing tools using Perl and/or PowerShell.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting database SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Experience installing and supporting Version 19c database and client software.
- Experience with Backup/Recovery scenarios.
- Position requires US Citizenship and an active Secret-level (or higher) security clearance with the US Government
Additional Skills of Interest
- Experience supporting development environments in the Defense industry
- Experience supporting Oracle in a Cloud environment.
- Experience performing troubleshooting in mission-critical infrastructures
- Experience supporting Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall.
- Knowledge of Defense industry practices ad standards
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.