Model-Based Systems Engineer (Mid-Level): Hybrid
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Mid-Level Model-Based Systems Engineer in our Middletown, RI office. This is a hybrid work position.
The Mid-Level Model-Based Systems Engineer (MSBE) will support the AN/BYG-1 Combat Control System's (CCS) systems engineering transformation by leading the iterative implementation of MBSE throughout the AN/BYG-1 Program and the Submarine Warfare Federated Tactical Systems (SWFTS). The AN/BYG-1 Program has pilot projects investigating the benefits of MBSE and developing prototypes that will support a seamless transition to MBSE. This position also requires providing MBSE expertise and guidance to working groups within SWFTS. The candidate will report to Rite-Solutions' Director of Digital Engineering and will actively work with key government customers and stakeholders at the Washington Navy Yard and Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC).
The candidate will be an active participant in cross-organization MBSE working groups and will develop roadmaps, propose tasking, execute approved tasking, and present status to key program officials and engineers at the Washington Navy Yard. They will also work actively with Technical Directive Agents (TDAs) from NUWC in modeling the AN/BYG-1 Program's requirements and tests, creating prototypes of multi-model integration and interoperability, and providing an enduring MBSE vision for the program. Other modeling duties include modeling the use cases, behaviors, structure, and interfaces of the AN/BYG-1 CCS.
The candidate shall understand all 9 Systems Modeling Language (SysML) diagrams and have experience building them. Experience modeling and implementing MBSE on new or legacy systems is a must. The candidate shall also have exceptional soft-skills and be able to clearly articulate what the benefits of MBSE are to non-technical decision makers.
The ideal candidate has experience using Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw, or a comparable modeling tool. Cameo Systems Modeler is the tool used on this program and at Rite-Solutions. The ideal candidate is also an OMG-Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) and has experience doing MBSE on Naval or DoD programs. Experience working in an Agile software development environment, doing Agile MBSE, and a working knowledge of Agile tools (e.g., Jira and Confluence) is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build requirements and tests models
- Develop multi-model interoperability prototypes
- Work with stakeholders in understanding how to read and use system models
- Model system use cases, behaviors, and structure
- Model software services, external interfaces, internal interfaces, and data structures
- Create process diagrams and lead seamless transitions to MBSE
- Create document-generation templates for MagicDraw/Cameo Systems Modeler
- Generate systems engineering CDRLs from a model
- Execute pilot projects collecting metrics that quantify the benefits of MBSE
- Work effectively with government customers in defining MBSE schedules, roadmaps, and value driven MBSE tasking
- Present MBSE vision and roadmaps based on customer needs
- Present MBSE results to various customers, MBSE communities, and Rite-Solutions leadership
- 5-8 years of applicable industry experience. 2 years experience may be supplemented with a Masters of Science in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field, is required.
- Working knowledge of SysML and its 9 diagrams.
- Experience building all 9 SysML diagrams.
- Experience implementing MBSE on new and/or legacy systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of MBSE to various stakeholders (e.g., manager, executive, engineer).
- Ability to articulate the process of creating models for legacy and new systems.
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw, or other comparable system modeling tool.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance; active clearance is preferable.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- OCSMP certification.
- INCOSE Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) certification.
- Experienced in Agile MBSE and doing MBSE within and Agile software development environment.
- Experience with system of systems (SoS) modeling and the Unified Architecture Framework (UAF).
- Experience implementing MBSE on Naval or DoD systems.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.