Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated Mechanical Engineer. This is a full-time position located in Middletown, RI.
This position will provide direct support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 25 Combat Control Systems Engineering Test/Evaluation and Analysis Team. Tasking will include analysis, design and capability enhancements, testing support, and in-service support for new and fielded AN BYG-1 systems. Duties and tasking will include but may not be limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design system modernization and capabilities expansions to meet emerging Navy needs
- Analysis for and development of Engineering Change Instructions and Engineering Change Proposals
- Assess installation and system requirements to determine equipment layout
- Perform gap, fault/failure, and performance analyses
- Document and present trade studies
- Develop and review drawing packages and support related technical data package creation
- Investigate capabilities and applicability of unique testing environments to support required testing objectives
- Support development of test plans and test procedures for the Environmental Qualification and Survivability (e.g. Shock, Vibration, temperature, flooding/moisture vulnerability testing) of shipboard and land-based militarized and commercial-grade Combat Systems components
- Perform analyses of test results to determine testing impacts on components and subsequent assessments of survivability, vulnerability, reliability and replaceability.
- Perform impact analysis of testing on related systems /subsystems
- Perform and/or support integration and subsequent environmental testing events
- Perform and/or support factory acceptance testing
- Develop program status reports such as technical assessments, risk assessments, technical recommendations or technical information
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering discipline
- Basic experience and knowledge associated with mechanical engineering functions related to design, troubleshooting, analysis, reporting, and/or testing of complex systems
- Knowledge of Environmental testing methodologies, objectives, testing environments
- Technical writing and presentation skills required along with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
- Experience in VISIO or similar engineering-oriented documentation applications is a plus
- Experience with process improvement methods, practices, and procedures (i.e., CMMI) is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Understanding of DoD engineering design practices is a plus
- Knowledge of EW systems and technology, specifically AN/BLQ-10 is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. Active or very recent DoD Security clearances are a plus.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.