Linux System Administrator - Remote
Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated Linux Administrator candidate in the Dahlgren, VA area. This opening is a full-time position providing network administration support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren. NSWC Dahlgren provides system administration support on commercial and tactical developmental host networks, virtual environments, cloud environments, and computer systems for a variety of customers. The Linux Administrator position detailed here is for work currently being bid. Should the contract be awarded, we will be hiring for the type of future employee described below.
The Linux Administrator acts as a Subject Matter Expert concerning the maintenance, upgrade, installation and configuration of multiple Information Technology (IT) networks. Specific duties include:
- Provide technical support to the computers, servers and network operations within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Provide technical support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of SharePoint, Project, Office Web Apps and Team Foundation Server within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Provide technical support for installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Engineering Tools, Applications and Plug-ins within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Perform database management using Microsoft SQL and Oracle to store and organize data
- 5 years of experience installing, patching, monitoring and supporting Linux servers in virtualized, enterprise environment
- 2 years of experience performing system backups, failovers and restores in a VMWare/SAN storage environment
- 2 years of experience with Linux scripting languages
- 2 years of experience with SolarWinds or similar monitoring software
- 1 year of Network Infrastructure experience including VPNs, Routers, Firewalls, load balancing and Switches
- 1 year of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP services)
- 3 years of experience in analyzing system security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Experience designing, implementing, and administering systems in a cloud environment using lamas and PaaS offerings preferred
- Must possess appropriate Cybersecurity Workforce certification IAW DoD 8570.01M
- Must possess a Secret security clearance
- Position requires U.S. citizenship
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.