IT Project Manager
Project Management opportunity with an established technology and performance company with an employee driven culture that provides opportunity for innovation and creativity. The position is supporting "Fortune 500" commercial companies that have a diverse set of learning and workforce performance needs from designing learning that supports the deployment of a new system or new business process to corporate compliance and product acumen training. Opportunity requires occasional to frequent travel for on-site data collection and Subject Matter Expert (SME) meetings. Project Managers at Rite-Solutions are responsible for managing the project financials, day to day external client communication, day to day internal project team communication and providing management oversight of the design and production functions. They are responsible for managing the client deliverables within the fixed price budget and time (delivery) constraints dictated by the project.
Typical Project Characteristics that a Project Manager may be responsible for:
- Overall Contract Value: $25K-$1M
- Design and Development Team Size: 2 to 4 team members including independent consultants/subcontractors
- Technical complexity level and fidelity: from Level 1 (LCMS tools) to low Level 3 (Storyline and Captivate)
- Deliverables: from formal eLearning to blended learning solutions including ILT, eLearning, micro learning performance support, etc.
- Project oversight: mentoring and guidance from a senior Operations Director or Program Management Office team member during regular project reviews
The Project Manager reports to a Business Unit Team Lead, Operations Director and works closely with the business unit VP/GM. Employees at this level require limited supervision.
Learning and Workforce Performance Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Facilitate learning analysis and design planning sessions with customers and internal team members.
- Oversee the creation of curriculum maps and determine training modalities that map to learning objectives.
- Oversee the creation of storyboards, content maps and construct learning courses.
- Direct production staff including graphics, programming and knowledge deployment developers as appropriate.
- Help onboard subcontractors and supervise their activities and deliverable quality on a variety of projects in partnership with the functional team lead.
- Provide strategic client input as necessary.
Although the project management work will occasionally be under the direction of the VP/Business Unit GM, a PMO team member or a senior operations lead, the Project Manager position requires the ability to work independently on most project management tasks and learning deliverables. The Project Manager will travel (up to 20%) to provide in person reviews with clients and sales support, as appropriate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of Microsoft Project including but not limited to Integrated Master Schedules and Work Breakdown Structures.
- Mastery of fixed price "bottoms up" pricing by aggregate task and labor category.
- Mastery of the concept of fixed price "write ups" and discretionary management reserve or risk reserve.
- Familiarity with the concept of GA/OH "wrap rates" and project level fee performance targets.
- Working knowledge of ADDIE model and AGILE ISD or equivalent approach theory.
- Capable of explaining task/job role analysis results.
- Knowledge of Kirkpatrick levels of evaluation with working familiarity of developing evaluation for Levels 1-3.
- Capable of working with SMEs to obtain content, refine learning objectives, and ensure learning solutions addresses objectives.
- Knowledge of commercial learning business environments and current trends and issues facing corporate training departments.
- Ability to oversee the design of eLearning using Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Edge Animate and other commercially available tools including production tools from LCMS vendors like Xyleme.
- Routinely delivers 18%+ fee performance in aggregate across assigned projects.
- Plans, develops, and maintains the project schedule which considers client business objectives, project budgets and internal resource constraints which contributes to the client relationship and results in attainment of target project fee.
- Plans the project schedule based on resourcing models creating a plan that allows for delegation of appropriate tasking with scheduled interim reviews.
- Proactively monitors subcontractor and team deliverable production and quality control activities resulting in the identification of sub-standard work before submission to the client and scheduling of necessary re-work to bring deliverables up to quality standards.
- Delivers and debriefs at a summary level the functional project deliverables with internal project team and external clients.
- Interfaces directly with SMEs, Business Sponsors and Learning Stakeholders to develop content required for the project.
- Proactively and effectively communicates resource requirements to the resource management team resulting in minimization of work- flow disruptions.
- Identifies risks related to scope creep and actual scope creep when incurred resulting in positive action to prevent scope creep and addresses scope creep both internally and externally directly with clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, IO Psychology, education or disciplines related to adult education and learning, or related to computer sciences and management.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in custom services project management with an average project size of more than $25k k but less than $500k. Some instructional design experience with commercial or government clients a plus.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government if necessary.
Rite Solutions, Inc. is a CMMI Level III, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business concentrating on System Engineering, Software Development, Human Capital Development, Information Assurance and System Life Cycle Support. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Contact us if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.