Database Server Administrator - Hybrid
Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator (MS SQL Server) candidate in the Dahlgren, VA area. This opening is a full-time position providing network administration support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren. NSWC Dahlgren provides system administration support on commercial and tactical developmental host networks, virtual environments, cloud environments, and computer systems for a variety of customers. The Database Administrator (MS SQL Server) position detailed here is for work currently being bid. Should the contract be awarded, we will be hiring for the type of future employee described below.
The Database Administrator (MS SQL Server) acts as a Subject Matter Expert concerning the maintenance, upgrade, installation and configuration of multiple Information Technology (IT) networks. Specific duties include:
- Provide technical support to the computers, servers and network operations within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Provide technical support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of SharePoint, Project, Office Web Apps and Team Foundation Server within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Provide technical support for installation, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Engineering Tools, Applications and Plug-ins within the on-premise data center and cloud
- Perform database management using Microsoft SQL and Oracle to store and organize data
- 5 years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or greater) in a production environment
- 2 years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on
- 2 years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues
- 2 years of experience with a database on a virtual platform
- 1 year of experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripts
- 2 years of experience with the following functions: query, index and DB I/O performance tuning; Stored Procedures; SQL coding
- Database migration/ upgrade experience is preferred
- 1 year of experience in disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based backup solutions
- Experience with SAN hardware and administration is a plus
- Must possess appropriate Cybersecurity Workforce certification IAW DoD 8570.01M
- Must possess a Secret security clearance
- Position requires U.S. citizenship
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.