Database Administrator (Oracle ) Hybrid
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
Your responsibilities will be Oracle Database administration, maintenance, upgrades, and Information Assurance (IA) updates on all Oracle databases. Resolve vulnerabilities identified in security scans specified by Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) throughout the database infrastructure. Perform quarterly security patches during non-business hours. Position is full time and located in Newport, RI with a hybrid work option once set up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review performance metrics using standard Oracle Performance and Diagnostic Pack reports.
- Review daily reports to ensure proper backup and identify anomalies or negative trending data.
- Review IAVMs and STIGs and determine overall system risk prior to applying patches or modifying the system configuration.
- Maintain STIG compliance of Oracle software and Oracle database components.
- Support testing of Application Software changes to ensure they meet performance objectives.
- Apply Quarterly CPU and any other critical software patches during non-business hours.
- Work with Oracle Support to resolve any database issues.
- Maintain Oracle PKI Infrastructure using Oracle utilities.
- Maintain Oracle Containers.
- Maintain regular communication with application development teams.
Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- CompTIA Security+ CE and Certification/Microsoft Server Certification (intermediate)
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting methodologies and techniques and problem resolution
- Experience maintaining Oracle in a Windows environment.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting database SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Position requires US Citizenship and an active Secret-level (or higher) security clearance with the US Government
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- Experience supporting development environments in the Defense industry
- Experience supporting Oracle in a Cloud environment.
- Experience supporting Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall.
- Knowledge of Defense industry practices ad standards
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.